Contact Me

Contact me to give a critique, share a comment, threat, or something mean. Well, I hope not the last two.

quintAnimation@gmail.com

You can also view some videos at
http://www.youtube.com/user/quintAnimation#p/a
http://vimeo.com/quintanimation
http://quintanimation.wordpress.com/

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pre-Production for my new 2D Scene

The theme of this internship has been mostly experimentation and learning through trying things out and receiving critiques on why certain things don't work or how to do things better etc... A lot of fun and a lot of learning. But, I have been treating each scene as just a learning experience and more of an exercise. So I have taken it upon myself to really go head first without fear and try to make this scene an actual solid piece of 2D animation. And it will also be my first 2D animation to any type of audio. I can't really call it a lip sync (spoiler alert-my next 2D scene will be) it is too more of a sound effect really.

To illustrate how serious I am about this scene I have done some illustrations (insert pun here). The studies I posted earlier were just the first part of this whole mess. As apart of gathering reference and studying it to have a better idea.

So these sketches are character design really. Trying to find an appealing design that works for animation. I am favoring a few of them, so as apart of some wisdom beaten into me by Kathy Blackmore (literally beaten). I am just going to make the decisions about the characters, and dive into the scene with some rough boards and thumbnails.

"Always Keep your Head in the Clouds"rtq















No comments:

Post a Comment